In short – Yes! Tree care and especially tree removal in Boston is a large undertaking and often requires bulky, expensive equipment, not to mention tree service experts often work at height, as illustrated by the video below by the YT channel “Buckin’ Billy Ray Smith”.
You need to ensure that you, your property and your land are protected should anything happen. Falling debris, branches and trees all have the potential to cause significant damage, but so can the equipment they use.
Seldom thought about, but still a concern is the potential issues that driving heavy cranes across your land may cause. These include damage to underground pipes, for example.
It is important that your tree service company has adequate insurance should any issues arise.
Table of Contents
What type of insurance should a tree service company have?
A professional tree service company should have these types of insurance:
- General Liability – should damage occur directly attributed to the tree removal, for example, a falling branch that breaks a window, the tree company can use their insurance to pay. Without general liability insurance, your only recourse would be to sue, and that can be lengthy and expensive.
- Worker’s Compensation – working at height and using potentially dangerous equipment such as chainsaws results in injuries and, sadly, fatalities every year.
Reputable tree service companies will have worker’s compensation insurance to pay out should their employees have an accident.
Why should a professional company have insurance?
Without insurance, the injured employee can come to you, the home or property owner, for compensation, which, depending on the injuries sustained, could be substantial.
Don’t be afraid to ask a tree service company for a copy of their insurance. Any reputable company will be more than happy to share this information with you. You can learn more about tree removal and storm insurance here.
If you found this article interesting and useful and still have some time to spare, our blog section has a number of useful posts you might find enjoyable and interesting.
Below you will find insurance companies in Boston that provide general liability and worker’s compensations insurance plans.
- Boston’s Efforts to Safeguard Urban Forests: A New Tree Protection Ordinance
- A Comprehensive Guide to Tree Diseases: Causes, Classification, Characteristics, and Management
- Enhancing Boston’s Urban Tree Canopy: A Progressive Ordinance for a Sustainable Future
- How Do Trees Prevent Soil Erosion
- What is the Difference Between Trimming and Pruning Trees